Honoring a loved one in the Los Angeles Times
- Print notice in the Obituary area of the Latextra section daily, Main News on Monday of the Los Angeles Times
- Multiple design options with photo or emblems and in color when available
- Discounts on notices that publish multiple days
- Notice online at legacy.com with online guestbook available for 30 days
- Prices start at $80.00 for a 5 line notice, with more comprehensive listings priced higher
- In the examples shown below, a 49 line, two column photo Obituary costs $1,192.28 on any weekday and $1,396.40 for Sunday, while a smaller, one column notice costs $238.05 on weekdays and $277.64 on Sunday
Sample Print Ad
Sample Print Ad
|To see Ad on...||Submit By|
Wednesday 12/24 9 am - 2 pm
Thursday 12/25 CLOSED
Holiday Hours - New Years
Wednesday 12/31 9 am - 4 pm
Thursday 1/1 CLOSED
To assist you in creating your notice below is a list of information you may wish to include in your Obituary:
- Photo (optional)
- Full name of person (including “nickname”)
- Age of person at death
- Date and residence at death
- Date and place of birth
- Parent’s, spouse’s, children’s and grandchildren’s names
- Previous residences
- Work history, military history, education
- Clubs, hobbies or interests, accomplishments, volunteer activities
- Survivors or those who predeceased the person including immediate family, relatives, close friends
- Funeral or memorial service information (dates, times, locations, cemetery/place of burial location and contact information)
- Information on where memorial contributions or donations may be made (list full address and phone number if possible)
- Use only standard abbreviations (examples: UCLA, USC, BA)
- All listings in the Los Angeles Times are in English
- Do not write in all caps
Listings subject to editing for style and grammar.
- Select a photo that was shot in natural light without a flash. These are usually the most clear and flattering.
- Remember that these photos are relatively small, so be sure the photo is of the individual’s face and with minimal shadows.
- Photos from websites are usually too small to print well, even if they look fine on the screen. Images need to be high resolution to avoid looking fuzzy in print.
- A photo should be no less than 150 dpi at the size it will print. The ideal is 220dpi. Most digital cameras (and some smart phones) set to a medium resolution, will produce acceptable images.
- You will be able to crop your image when you build your notice. Choose an image that has enough background, all around the individuals, face, so that you may crop the image in a flattering way.
1, 2 and 3 column sizes available with a variety of design options
- Weekday readership: 1.4MM
- Saturday readership: 1.3MM
- Sunday readership: 2.5MM
Circulation by day-Print
- Weekday Avg. 500,893
- Saturday 498,442
- Sunday 767,879
Sources: Circulation: March 2013 Audit Report, L.A. DMA print only. Readership & competitive: Scarborough Los Angeles 2013 Release 2
To see a detailed map, click here.
Legacy.com is leader in the online memorial and obituary market, Legacy.com is visited by more than 10 million users each month. It partners with 124 of the 150 largest newspapers in the U.S. and features obituaries and Guest Books to provide ways for readers to express condolences and share remembrances of loved ones for more than two-thirds of people who die in the United States.